Our 10 Step Repair Process
1. Estimate: In the Damage Report process area the vehicle is inspected, and relevant data is entered into a damage report that determines initial cost of repairs. Additionally, there is often hidden damage that can not be seen until after the vehicle is disassembled.
6. Body Repair: The Metal Repair Department replaces exterior panels, and all metal finishing that is required. The vehicle begins to come back to life as sheet metal is installed and aligned to exact specifications. From here the vehicle will go to the refinishing preparations department.
2. Insurance approval: After the damage report is completed, the insurance company reviews it. The insurance company determines if the vehicle is repairable. Then the vehicle begins the actual repair process.
7. Paint & Refinish: Expert preparation is a critical step in the refinishing process of every vehicle. All panels are prepared for refinishing, primed and sealed to assure good adhesion when the final top color and clear coats of refinish are applied.
3. Disassembly: In Disassembly, hidden damage is often found, and inner structure repairs are determined.
8. Reassembly: Final moldings and detail pieces are attached to the vehicle in the reassembly area. All the vehicle’s systems are checked during this process. The vehicle is complete and ready for delivery when it is in this stage.
4. Order parts: The required parts for your vehicle are ordered, and availability is checked. When a part must be special ordered, that will be done as soon as possible.
9. Detailing: During the repair process the vehicle accumulates dust from the repairs, which will be thoroughly cleaned. It will also be road tested to ensure that it is working properly. A final inspection will assure that the vehicle is completely restored to it’s pre-accident condition.
5. Structure repair: A computer based measurement system is used to analyze the structural repair of your vehicle. This assures an accurate repair. The unitized body is now repaired to exact factory specifications.
10. Completed: When the customer picks up the vehicle, the paperwork is completed. The vehicle has now been restored to it’s pre-accident condition.